4.03.2006

duality of dooce


I find it quite amusing that dooce criticizes the new HBO show 'Big Love' in a post, and right on top of her site sits a big ad titled 'Big Praise for Big Love' .

I like the show. Last night, ae was more entranced with the computer than usual, so I was actually able to hear some dialogue over the "grunts, huffs, spits, fuck yous" that usually accompany the viewing.

My advice to the show: Stick with Bill's interaction with the compound, and less with his interaction with his 3 wives.

But hey, if you don't get HBO, you can read Margene's (the youngest and newest wife) blog.

3 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 1:21 PM , Blogger Dharma said...

Hey there db, I don't get sho - can't afford it. But am curious about this show because I keep hearing such different things about it. However, I have to say the ae sounds like me when I watch almost any tv, especially commercials.

 
At 4/04/2006 4:10 PM , Blogger db said...

dharma, thanks for the note. We really shouldn't be paying for premium channels either, but we have a 'Sopranos' addiction from way back. As soon as the season is over, we are cancelling. ae, as usual, has better and more thoughtful reasons on why not to like this show than I can offer for watching it. To tell you the truth, I identify with the main character and his attempt to balance all that is going on in his life. I, too, feel busy all the time, but for obviously different reasons.

 
At 4/14/2006 11:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i, in turn, find it quite amazing that smalls criticizes barry bonds in his posts, and right on top of his forehead is a big furrowed brow fearing, lance drugstrong is a still greater doper than barry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home