4.20.2006

memories...


just finished a 2-day finance training course at my alma mater. Instead of joining my classmates for lunch today, I walked over to the main campus. I grabbed a quick bite at the snack bar beside my freshman dorm and walked through the free expression tunnel (above) towards the library (the same walk I did everyday 18 years ago. wimper). I worked in this library in the late 90's and as a freshman, with my roomate, used to climb the skeleton of the tower as it was being built to sit on the roof and drink beer (the staircase was built, we just had to climb in pitch blackness). Everything looks the same. The buildings. The students. The bricks! Some of the same old feelings arose in me while here. Much in the same way that certain weather, such as after a cold front in the fall, hot sunny days in the summer, that bring me back to my childhood. Alone tonight. ae visiting a friend in Charlotte. I always seem to grab a Rick Bass book when alone like this. I feel like I have made a transition from waiting to start my adult life to being an active participant in my adult life.

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 10:22 PM , Blogger pinky pinkerson said...

whoa. i remember shooting an episode of my cable-access show right in that tunnel. it had to have been like....thirteen years ago. oh my GOD.

 
At 4/21/2006 8:41 AM , Blogger Chapel Hillbilly said...

I know what you mean about "going back". It's always such a rush of various emotions but as I get older, I find it necessary to be reminded of the past sometime. Nostalgia is something I never thought I'd live to experience. It's kinda surreal actually. Like hearing the Black Crowes on "CLASSIC ROCK" Radio...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home