4.05.2006

Reminder to self: Pearl Jam plays SNL on Apr. 15th


Cool. If I have said it once, I have said it a million times, Has there ever been a band
that has gotten more traction off of one hit album other than Pearl Jam? Okay, I know, Vs. was a hit too. But still. I bet I am the only person in the country that has listened to Riot Act all the way through. They were, and still are, one of my top 3 favorite bands.

Pearl Jam memory. ae and I drove to Maryland to see them in concert in '98. We were staying in a hotel south of d.c. (don't ask me why). I was ready to hit the road running after the show. when they hit the first note of 'yellow ledbetter', I grabbed ae and ran. I bet we were 3/4 of the way around the beltway before the song ended. Ben Harper opened.

6 Comments:

At 4/05/2006 2:29 PM , Blogger Ross White said...

I like Riot Act. I liked Yield. I just really hated No Code.

Vitalogy was also huge.

 
At 4/05/2006 2:39 PM , Blogger db said...

Why don't you go back and write some more cranky posts and quit fact checking mine!

 
At 4/06/2006 9:02 AM , Blogger Chapel Hillbilly said...

Easily one of the best live shows I've ever seen! I saw them on Lollapalooza and then I saw them in 94 at the Fox:
Release
Rearviewmirror
Whipping
Evenflow
Dissident
Why Go
Deep
Jeremy
Glorified G
Daughter
Go
Animal
Garden
State of Love and Trust
Black
Alive
Blood
WMA
Better Man
Eldery Woman
Rats
Satan's Bed
Once
Sonic Reducer
Porch
Indifference

Again, amazing show!

and Ross is a tool :)

 
At 4/06/2006 9:09 AM , Blogger db said...

D,
I have a 3 cd live compilation of that show at the Fox that I bought in Wisconsin. I though I recognized your voice in the background...

 
At 4/08/2006 3:21 AM , Anonymous KathyF said...

I don't have much taste, but what I have I waste on music. You and I obviously have the same musical taste. Mine was honed in Wisconsin, listening to WMAD. I think there is a connection somewhere.

 
At 4/14/2006 10:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool- if i have said it once, i have said it a million times: Has there ever been a GOP flackboy who has gotten more literal miles out of his cycle-doping than lance drugstrong? i'm popping pills like mad and next year the Tour is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reminder to self: Call the International Cycling Federation and tell them to disqqualify lance drugstrong for his massive gaming of the Tour these last seven years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home